Csrss exe trojan removal
What is csrss?
All Microsoft operating systems has csrss.exe file running in the Task Manager but it is vulnerable to be infected by third parties.
CSRSS.EXE is a Windows File however
it has been known to be over written by malware at times.
If you have a Windows installed computer, open your Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and you’ll see one or more Client Server Runtime Process (csrss exe) processes running there. This process is an essential part of Windows.
How do I know if my Csrss exe is virus of not?
The csrss.exe process is used by the Microsoft Client Server Runtime Subsystem to manage the majority of the graphical instruction sets on a Windows PC.
Csrss exe trojan removal – look for the csrss.exe file in the list of processes under Task Manger. Right-click on the file and select “Delete” from the context menu. If Windows prompts you with a message box (very important), it means the file is not infected, so do not delete it. l
f Windows doesn’t prompt you, then the file is infected and should be removed with Regedit as explained below.
Deleting Csrss.exe With Regedit
- Click “Start,” select “Run” from the Windows Start menu and type “regedit.exe” in the Run box.
- Back up your registry before making any changes. Click “File” on the Regedit menu, then click “Export.” Save the exported registry file to a safe location on your hard drive or external storage media.
- Click “Edit” in the Regedit menu and select “Find.”
- Type the following path into the search box:
Click “Find next” to search for the file.
- Right-click on the “csrss.exe” file in the search results and select “Delete” from the context menu.
- Click “File” and “Exit” to close Regedit.